My Heart Will Go On… (To the next show)

Lots to post so apologies for the length!

We did it ! The show went fantastically, and we really pulled everything together which makes me incredibly proud of our group!

But before I delve into the show at all, first I will provide a look into what has been happening outside of the Headspace show. To prepare for the interview on the live show, I interviewed 3 guests who all had different experiences to share. So here is a snippet from that session.

https://soundcloud.com/alexandra-curran/interview-2

I learnt that I needed to engage the interviewee and that I came across like I was “having a normal conversation”. While that is suitable for some interviews, I am aware that I need to work on how I address the interviewee and to make sure to have a solid point to what I am saying. It was a great exercise and I learnt a lot from the experience.

Moving on to our Headspace Show!

Our practise sessions went brilliantly, running through the content and getting to grips with it rather quickly. Here are a few shots of me and Marshall in the various studios we rehearsed in.

I also felt that the Facebook page needed branding that was unique to the Escapism show. So I photo shopped a picture into a banner for the page. The Panda mask was meant to represent an escape, (it had just been halloween, so in this particular case, a costume or mask).

10522635_298923300305953_7334425240824516630_n

The final morning was quite hectic as someone else was in the studio before us and we had to replace a whole package! Dylan lead us to the Farmers market that was being run locally to quickly replace this broken package, which was a success! Here is a copy of our final show and the script  (without songs due to copyright issues).

Escapism Script

It was great being able to work with a team and have a show broadcasted on SirenFM! Had I had the chance to redo anything on this particular show, it would be the space of time unto which I worked in. I felt that a lot of the work was done a bit too close to the deadline and while great in quality, lead to some other content being scrapped entirely. Having a plan and sticking to it, making sure to account for losses and have appropriate backup materials is essential.

I had a brilliant time working with my team and look forward to another show!

10676373_298970533634563_8228241683856001826_n